Divorce Attorneys Compassionately Serving You
There are many options for getting a divorce, and our experienced divorce and family law attorneys can help you decide which choice is best for you. If you and your ex-spouse can agree on most things and want to avoid an expensive and drawn-out battle, we can help make your divorce quick and easy. If an amicable divorce is impossible, we fight to get you the best settlement possible.
Choices available to couples include:
- Contested divorce — This is the divorce most people think of and fear. The parties do not agree on many terms and may end up slugging it out in court. Contested divorces are the most expensive and time-consuming.
- Uncontested divorce — This is a good option when the two parties agree on the terms of the divorce. Often, uncontested divorces can be completed in a matter of a few weeks and at a greatly reduced cost.
- No-fault divorce — This is not a separate type of divorce proceeding, but because Oregon is a no-fault divorce state, it does not require couples to prove grounds for divorce. Instead, the parties can simply state that they have irreconcilable differences.
- Mediation — One of the more common ways of resolving issues in a divorce is through the use of mediation. Mediation allows a neutral third party to meet with the parties and work out a settlement. Having an attorney during the mediation process is essential because the mediator does not represent your interests. However, the divorce is less costly and less time-consuming.
- Annulment — Like divorce, an annulment ends a marriage, but the difference is that an annulment voids the marriage, treating it as if it never happened. Grounds for an annulment include fraud and getting married while one party was still married to someone else.
No matter the method of divorce you choose, our divorce and family law attorneys can help you make the best decision for your situation.
Get advice from divorce and family law attorneys that take care of clients
When your marriage comes to an end, you need a lawyer who understands your situation and is a compassionate advocate. We help you understand the best and most cost-effective options for you. We offer low-cost initial consultations and flexible payment plans.
If your ex-spouse is unwilling to find common ground, we are ready to fight hard for you. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Salem, and we have plenty of free parking. Contact us at 503-990-6641 or online to set a phone or office consultation at your convenience.
We’ll take it from here.