Our Divorce and Family Law Attorneys Can Help
We help to stabilize your life so you can make smart decisions
Going through major family life events like divorce or a custody dispute often bring out anger, worry, confusion, helplessness and other strong emotions. You need a partner like us to get back on track so you can make informed, positive choices going forward. Having the best divorce attorney or family law attorney for you and your family is vital and we will do all we can to protect you and your family. Whether you live in Salem or surrounding areas in Marion, Polk, or Linn Counties, our family law lawyers offer assistance with a wide variety of issues, from domestic violence and divorce to annulments and adoptions. Our compassionate, client-first style is just what you need when you have a family law problem.
Our Salem area divorce attorneys serve all of your family law needs
We confidently guide our clients through their family law issues. Nothing can cloud a person’s judgment like a major disruption in family life, and our mission is to be a calming influence during the storm. We want what is best for our clients and their children and offer honest, thoughtful advice and powerful representation. Some of the areas with which we can help you include:
- Divorces — We handle contested and uncontested divorces. Regardless of the circumstances behind your divorce, we try to make the process as quick and as painless as possible.
- Alimony/spousal support — There is plenty at stake when it comes to spousal support/alimony and property division. We help you understand your legal rights so you can make intelligent decisions.
- Child custody — Nothing is more important to you than your children. Separation and divorce can be a traumatic time for them. We help formulate child custody and parenting plan arrangements in your children’s best interests.
- Child support — Child support is for your child’s benefit. We help you understand what your child is entitled to for his or her support to ensure that the proper amount is paid.
- Domestic violence — If you are being abused or accused of being an abuser, you need a domestic violence lawyer who can assist you in getting or dismissing a restraining order.
- Modification and enforcement of divorce decrees — If financial/family circumstances change, you may need to have custody or parenting time arrangement modified to reflect that change. Also, if your “ex” is not honoring the current decree, we can petition the court to make the person do the right thing.
- Visitation rights — Your children or grandchildren are important to you, and you have rights regarding spending time with them. If you are being shortchanged on your visitation rights and parental rights, we can help you enforce those rights.
- Divorce mediation and arbitration — Mediation and arbitration are great tools for couples who want a neutral third party to hammer out the details of their divorce. We can help with mediation, making your divorce quicker and cheaper than slugging it out in court.
- Adoptions — We handle stepparent and relative adoptions. Having a lawyer by your side from the start helps the adoption go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Let our Oregon family law firm give you the help you need during a difficult time
Your family life is the center of your world, and when a divorce, separation or dispute over the custody and placement of your child shakes that security, you can feel very alone and not know what to do. If you live in the greater Salem area (Woodburn, Keizer, Dallas, McMinnville, Albany, Corvallis, etc), you need a strong advocate like us at your side to listen to you and help you get your life back in balance so you can make smart decisions. Our main office is conveniently located in downtown Salem next to the Marion County Courthouse. Contact us at 503-990-6641 or online.