Personal Injury Lawyers In Oregon
Being injured or losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence can be life-altering. Injured victims often wonder how they’ll cover the cost of mounting medical bills, lost time from work, and other accident-related expenses. At Johnson and Taylor, we’ve helped thousands of personal injury clients throughout Oregon recover the maximum compensation they need to heal and move on with their lives. Our personal injury lawyers fight for your rights and provide the outstanding legal representation you can trust.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
There are countless circumstances in which you can be hurt due to no fault of your own. Common types of personal injury claims include:
- Auto accidents —Thousands of people are injured or killed in car accidents every day. If you’ve been hurt in a crash, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation for damages.
- Truck accidents — Due to their large size and weight, when 18-wheelers and other types of commercial vehicles are involved in crashes, catastrophic injury, and death are more likely to occur.
- Motorcycle accidents — Because they have no protection surrounding them, motorcyclists are more vulnerable to severe injury and death than other motorists are. And, under Oregon law, motorcyclists are not required to carry medical benefits coverage or PIP to help pay their own medical bills. Our personal injury lawyers understand the complex aspects of motorcycle injury claims.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents — Bicyclists and pedestrians are also susceptible to serious injury or death when struck by a motor vehicle. Distracted driving is often a major cause of these types of accidents. If you’ve been hurt or have lost a loved one, we can help.
- Premises liability — Businesses and property owners have a responsibility to maintain their premises and keep them safe for all who enter. If they fail to do this and someone is injured, they may be liable for damages. Some common types of premises liability claims include slip, trip, and fall incidents, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and more.
- Defective products — Manufacturers, designers, distributors, and retailers have a legal obligation to ensure their products are safe for consumer use. If you’ve suffered an injury due to a defective product, we can evaluate your case and advise you of your options.
- Third-party workers’ compensation claims — If an injury at work was caused by someone OTHER THAN your employer or a co-employee, you may be entitled to bring a claim against that third party. Additionally, if an injury at work was caused by a defective tool, equipment, or product, you may be able to file a third-party injury lawsuit against the designer, manufacturer, and/or distributor of that product.
Types of Damages Recovered in Personal Injury Claims
It can be easy for victims and their families to underestimate the high financial, physical, and emotional costs of being hurt in an accident. Serious or catastrophic injuries can affect your ability to work, maintain an active lifestyle, and carry out daily activities you normally perform with ease. Living with chronic pain or disability is also a challenge and may keep you from doing things you used to enjoy.
Whether you’ve been injured in a car crash or a slip-and-fall accident, the costs of hospital stays, multiple surgeries, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medications, and other expenses add up quickly. Our personal injury lawyers understand that long-term financial and emotional costs must be considered when valuing a claim.
Our personal injury law firm has recovered more than $25 million in compensation for clients throughout Oregon. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When someone dies because of another’s negligence or intentional act, filing a claim for wrongful death damages may be appropriate. If you’ve lost a loved one, our personal injury attorneys can assess your case and determine whether you have a viable wrongful death claim.
We Fight to Get Results for You
When you’re recovering from an injury, dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating and stressful. Our attorneys take the weight off your shoulders so you and your family can focus on healing. Unfortunately, insurance companies try to pay as little as possible by minimizing the severity of victims’ injuries or trying to shirk liability. We know how to aggressively counter these tactics. Our personal injury lawyers don’t back down. They pursue every possible avenue of compensation to help protect your health and financial security.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Oregon
At Johnson and Taylor, we’re dedicated to helping injured victims and their families put their lives back together after an accident. Contact us online or call 503-990-6641 to schedule a consultation. If your condition makes it difficult to travel to our office, we can meet with you at home. Our personal injury lawyers at Johnson and Taylor litigate not only personal injury but, divorce and family law and estate planning and probate cases. Our lawyers serve clients in Salem, Eugene, Bend, the Oregon Coast, Medford, and throughout the entire state of Oregon. For our multi-lingual clients, members of our team are also fluent in Spanish.