Oregon Lawyers Work for Families of Victims of Fatal Accidents
Helping you get a fair settlement when a loved one is gone
Nothing may be more traumatic than losing a loved one. If that person was the breadwinner of the household, it can have a hugh financial impact as well. In the Portland and Salem areas, the attorneys at Johnson & Taylor understand that you need compassionate allies working for you to seek fair compensation for your loss.
Fatal accidents are caused by many factors
There are often many elements acting together that cause an accident to be fatal. Some factors that can lead to fatal accidents are:
- Speed — Speed works in concert with other accident factors to make an auto accident worse. High speeds can turn a fender-bender into a fatal crash.
- Alcohol — Alcohol makes the driver less alert and more likely to get into an accident in the first place. Approximately 35 percent of fatal crashes in Oregon in 2011 involved alcohol.
- Other distractions — Cellphones, eating, talking, and adjusting the radio or GPS are distractions that are a factor in 11 percent of fatal accidents nationwide. Distracted driving is especially prevalent with younger drivers.
- Aggressive driving — A 2007 AAA study found that aggressive driving was a factor in 47 percent of fatal accidents.
- No seatbelts — In 2007, 42 percent of automobile fatalities involved an occupant not wearing a seatbelt.
If your loved one is killed in an auto accident, you need a strong, compassionate advocate to help you through this difficult time. At Johnson & Taylor, we work with you to help you collect from the negligent parties and/or their insurance carriers and can provide guidance about pursuing a wrongful death settlement.
What types of vehicles are more likely to be involved in a fatal accident?
Automobiles are most likely to be involved in fatal accidents, merely because there are so many of them on the road, but you are more likely to be killed if you are involved in a motorcycle accident or if you are hit by a truck much larger than your vehicle. In 2011, motorcycle and truck accidents accounted for six percent of the total accidents in Oregon and 25 percent of the total fatalities.
When you call Johnson & Taylor, you get an experienced attorney who focuses on injury cases, can assist you in filing a wrongful death claim and seeks the best possible settlement for the family of a loved one killed in an accident.
Let our Portland and Salem lawyers help you when a loved one is involved in a fatal accident
When a family member is killed in an accident, you need an attorney who is sensitive to your situation, gives you straightforward advice and is ready to fight for a fair settlement for your family. Contact Johnson & Taylor at 503-990-6641 or online.