Our Slip-and-Fall Lawyers in Oregon Get Results for You
Business and property owners have an obligation to keep their premises safe from hazards. If you’ve been hurt in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s property, they may be liable for damages. At Johnson and Taylor, our slip-and-fall lawyers listen to your story, evaluate your case, and give you a straightforward assessment of whether you have a viable claim.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents and Injuries
Slip-and-fall accidents can happen anywhere, but some of the most common places they occur due to negligence include public places of business such as supermarkets and hotels, public sidewalks and parking lots, and private property. If someone is injured or killed due to the owner’s failure to prevent, repair, or warn of unsafe conditions, bringing a premises liability claim against them may be appropriate.
Conditions that lead to slip-and-fall accidents include:
- Wet or slippery surfaces — Some surfaces are somewhat slippery when dry but become dangerously slippery when wet. Slippery conditions can result from a spill, environmental issues that have not been properly addressed, or a lack of adequate drainage. Untreated icy areas outside also pose a hazard and can lead to serious injury.
- Insufficient or inadequate lighting — An improperly lit area can hide hazardous conditions and hinder your field of vision, making steps, obstructions, or pathways difficult to navigate safely.
- Damaged or cracked walkways — Sidewalks, ramps, curbs, and stairs can crack, crumble, and settle, becoming tripping or stepping hazards.
- Clutter in working and walking areas — Items left on the floor can block common pathways and walking areas, leading to injuries from tripping and falling.
- Loose rugs or carpet – Although tripping over a loose rug may not seem major, you can still suffer injuries such as broken bones, sprains, strains, lacerations, and head or brain injuries.
If you are injured at a place of business, a private home, or on government-owned public property, our premises liability lawyers can evaluate your case and advise you of your options for recovering compensation. Government agencies usually have strict procedures and short deadlines for filing personal injury claims, so it’s crucial to have our experienced slip-and-fall lawyers assist you with your case right away.
Proving Fault in Slip-and-Fall Claims
It’s important to understand that just because you’re injured on someone else’s property, it doesn’t automatically mean they were negligent. To win a personal injury lawsuit, you must prove the owner or an employee shirked their duty to keep the premises in reasonably good condition. Owners also have a duty to warn people if there is a dangerous condition that could lead to injury. For example, a store should place a wet floor warning sign near a spill to prevent patrons from slipping and falling. Our personal injury lawyers thoroughly investigate your case. We know how to establish fault and prove liability in all types of slip-and-fall claims.
Recovering Damages in Slip-and-Fall Cases
Unfortunately, insurance companies are not on your side and do everything they can to minimize injured victims’ injuries and deny claims. Our slip-and-fall lawyers handle all aspects of your claim and vigorously negotiate on your behalf. Our premises liability lawyers work to help you recover compensation for damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future wage loss
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of companionship and consortium
If you’ve lost a loved one in a slip-and-fall accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim against any responsible parties. Our premises liability lawyers have successfully recovered compensation for personal injury clients throughout Oregon.
Why Choose Our Premises Liability Lawyers?
There’s a common misconception that the best way to hire a personal injury attorney is to find a large firm with lawyers who promise large settlement recoveries. We believe it’s more important to find an attorney who’s right for you, not someone who will simply tell you what you want to hear. Our slip-and-fall lawyers will always be straightforward with you. We don’t offer unrealistic guarantees and won’t waste your time or money trying to reach unattainable goals. Our caring team helps you understand your options and the realistic possibilities for recovering compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers offer free case evaluations and work on contingency, which means you won’t pay attorney fees unless we help get you compensation. Our premises liability lawyers are dedicated professionals and are proud to help injured victims of slip-and-fall accidents obtain the fair compensation they need and deserve.
Contact Our Oregon Slip-and-Fall Lawyers
At Johnson and Taylor, we care about our clients. Our office in Salem is conveniently located close to public transportation and public parking. If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, call us at 503-990-6641 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our slip-and-fall lawyers. Johnson and Taylor litigate personal injury, divorce and family law, and estate planning and probate cases. Our personal injury lawyers serve clients in Salem, Eugene, Bend, the Oregon Coast, Medford, and throughout the entire state of Oregon.