Homepage / Slip and Fall Accidents / Slip And Fall Accidents On Public Property

stethoscope and gavel

Slip And Fall Accidents On Public Property

At Johnson and Taylor, LLC, our experienced slip and fall lawyers have handled hundreds of cases involving accidents where clients have been injured on publicly owned or government property. Our legal team is well-versed in the complexities of bringing personal injury cases against public entities and can help you recover maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other damages.

Proving Negligence In A Slip And Fall Claim

Property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises safe for all who enter. When a governmental agency, property owner or business fails to adequately maintain or repair its premises, they may be liable for any injuries that occur due to their negligence. Hazardous conditions that often cause injury include untreated ice and snow on sidewalks and parking lots, wet floors, and poor lighting on walkways and stairs.

When bringing a slip and fall claim against a public entity, you must prove that the government’s negligence caused your injury. That’s why it’s vital to have an experienced slip and fall attorney by your side. We understand the complexities of proving negligence in a personal injury claim. Our lawyers objectively assess the facts of your case and advise you on the most effective course of action to take.

Filing A Slip And Fall Claim Against A Government Entity

There are many pitfalls that may arise when filing a claim against a public entity. It’s vital to keep in mind that local, state and federal governments have strict procedures and deadlines for making personal injury claims. For example, before you file a lawsuit against the State of Oregon, you are required by law to file a Notice of Claim with the state, which means that you are giving notice to the state that you intend to sue them. A formal Notice of Claim must include specific information and details about the incident. Figuring out where to deliver the Notice of Claim can be challenging and it must be filed within 180 days of the date of injury for claims against public bodies in Oregon.

If you are considering taking legal action against a governmental agency, time is of the essence. Our skilled legal team can help you understand the process and ensure that all required paperwork is filed in an accurate and timely manner. We are committed to protecting your rights and fighting to help you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.

Contact An Experienced Slip And Fall Lawyer

Bringing a slip and fall claim against a governmental agency can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Let our caring and knowledgeable attorneys take some of the weight off your shoulders. Call us at 503-990-6641 or contact us online to schedule a consultation today. Our legal team serves clients in the Greater Portland and Salem areas.