Homepage / slip-fall-private-property

Woman Lying on Steps After Falling

Slip And Fall Accident

Property owners in Oregon have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe for visitors and a duty to warn people of known conditions that could lead to an accident or injury. If you were injured after slipping on a wet floor, tripping over a rug or falling due to any unsafe condition, you might be entitled to compensation. There are a few things you should know to protect your rights.

What To Do If You Are Injured On Someone’s Property

After any accident, it is important to seek medical attention for your injuries. Ask the property owner for his or her insurance information, including the policy number and the insurance company’s phone number. It is also vital to document how you fell by taking pictures of the scene as soon as possible and asking witnesses to write down their contact information and their statement of what they saw.

An insurance adjuster will contact you and may ask you to give a recorded statement. Do not give a statement or sign anything without speaking to an attorney. Insurance companies are in the business of making money and can often make things difficult. They will try to pay out as little as possible, so having an experienced attorney who knows the ins and outs of personal injury claims is essential.

Fortunately, many homeowners in Oregon carry homeowner’s insurance because property insurance is typically required by banks and mortgage companies. If a homeowner owns a property free and clear, there is a possibility that he or she might not have homeowner’s insurance.

We have years of experience negotiating and litigating slip-and-fall claims, can assess your case and advise you on the best course of action to take.

Johnson and Taylor Personal Injury And Family Law Can Help

Slip-and-fall accidents can have serious physical, emotional and financial consequences. Our experienced legal team will work to ensure that you receive proper compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Contact us in Marion, Polk, Linn counties and Salem/Keizer and surrounding areas to schedule a free consultation today.