Probate And Estate Planning Attorneys
Knowing how to prepare and create a plan for your family’s future can be challenging. At Johnson and Taylor, our probate lawyers and estate planning attorneys provide experienced legal counsel to ensure your loved ones are well taken care of after you’re gone. Our experienced Salem attorneys have provided compassionate, client-centered legal support to individuals and families throughout Oregon, including Keizer, Woodburn, Portland, Albany, Dallas, and Marion, Polk, Linn, and Yamhill counties.
Estate Planning Services
Our estate planning lawyers assist with a wide array of legal matters, from drafting wills and trusts to establishing guardianships and conservatorships. We work closely with you and come to know your particular needs, which can give you peace of mind as you prepare for your own retirement and the success of your future generations.
We understand that issues surrounding estate planning can sometimes be emotional or contentious. Our team offers honest, thoughtful advice to help you make informed decisions that protect your own interests while ensuring your loved ones are well cared for in the event of your passing. There are several vital documents that can help to ensure your estate plan covers all your legal bases.
Our estate planning services include:
- Wills— A last will and testament ensures that your wishes for the distribution of your assets are carried out as specified. Having a will in place at the time of your death can also take some of the burden off your family, reduce conflict, and allow you to name guardians for your minor children and pets.
- Trusts— Trusts are valuable estate planning tools that may serve a few different purposes in your estate plan. Depending on the type, a trust may offer certain tax benefits, allow some assets to avoid going through probate, provide for minor children or family members with special needs, and may offer other benefits for you and your family. Your attorney can look at your specific situation and advise you on which type of trust best suits your needs.
- Trust administration— Our probate lawyers and estate planning attorneys offer assistance and advice to trustees and beneficiaries regarding the duties and responsibilities involved in administering trusts.
- Guardianships and conservatorships— When a person lacks the legal capacity to manage their own affairs, they may need to have a guardian or conservator appointed for them. Our Salem attorneys are well-versed in Oregon law. We can assist you with the process and help you gain a deeper understanding of how guardianships and conservatorships work.
- Powers of attorney— Powers of attorney give you the ability to give another person the authority to make certain financial and health care decisions on your behalf in the event of your incapacitation.
- Advance medical directives — An advance directive allows you to state your wishes regarding end of life treatment and decisions. It also enables you to appoint a health care representative who ensures these decisions are carried out according to your wishes.
- Other estate planning matters — Our team is dedicated to providing you with straightforward legal advice you can rely on. We’re happy to help and assist with any estate planning matter we can.
Probate is a legal process in which the court oversees the distribution of assets left by someone who has passed away. Regardless of whether a will is in place, estates in Oregon cannot be distributed without the final approval of a probate judge. Probate can be a complex, costly process. Our Salem probate attorneys guide you at an already difficult time and help the process run more smoothly.
Contact Us For Probate & Estate Planning Services In Salem, Oregon
Our estate planning attorneys can help you create an effective plan that protects your assets and your family’s financial future. We serve clients in Keizer, Salem, Woodburn, Albany, Dallas, and Marion, Polk, Linn, and Yamhill counties. Members of our team are also fluent in Spanish. Contact us online or call 503-990-6641 to schedule a free initial consultation.
We’ll take it from here.